Monday 24 November 2014

A quick meal for a cold winter night

For NaBloPoMo November 2014 my challenge is to upload a post every day thoughout the month. That's 30 days and 30 posts. The more page views I get per day the more money I will donate to the Childhood Eye Cancer Trust (CHECT). Help support my challenge by logging on daily and donating directly www.chect.org.uk. 

Yesterday's total page views: 66

I can't believe how the weather has changed. I feel like all I have done today is de-ice my car. In my 15 years of working this is the first winter I've ever have to drive to work. I used to envy people that could get into their warm cars on a cold winter morning but I had not accounted for how long it takes to clear frosted windows. Thank goodness for de-icer. It has got to be the best invention. Except for the poor girl that was getting into the car across the road from me this evening. I saw her start her car and just stand outside it waiting. I shouted across the road to ask her if she wanted to borrow some de-icer and she looked eternally grateful. It turns out she had two cans of it in the boot, but her boot had frozen shut. Now how do you possibly account for that! Moral of the story is keep it in the main car, one of those 4 doors is bound to open! 

Anyway, so after reaching home, late and covered in frost, barely feeling my fingers and toes, all I wanted was a hot shower and dinner to be ready for me. Thankfully I had some lemon sole in the fridge and just the recipe for a quicky tasty weekday dinner! 

Lemon Sole
(Serves 2 | total prep and cooking time 25 mins) 


Ingredients 
- 3-4 lemon sole fillets (they are pretty thin so you may need more than one each) 
- olive oil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 spring onions - finely sliced 
- 1-2 tablespoons capers - slightly crushed 
- 6-7 green pitted olives - sliced 
- tablespoon chopped parsley 
- black pepper 

Method 
- preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan
- place the fish fillets in an ovenproof dish
- in a bowl mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, spring onions, capers, olive, parsley amd black pepper 
- pour the marinade over the fish
- cover with foil and cook for 10-15 mins until the fish is opaque and flaky
- serve with boiled new potatoes and your choice of vegetables 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message about this post or about anything else. I know it's a bit time consuming sometimes but I do love to hear from you!