Thursday 6 November 2014

Last Minute Dinner

For NaBloPoMo November 2014 my challenge is to upload a post every day thoughout the month. That's 30 days and 30 posts. The more page views I get per day the more money I will donate to the Childhood Eye Cancer Trust (CHECT). Help support my challenge by logging on daily and donating directly www.chect.org.uk. 

Tuesday's total page views (sorry I forgot to list this yesterday!): 138

Yesterday's total page views: 144

I took some prawns out of the freezer this morning with absolutely no idea what I was going to do with them. I had made my 'paelotto' earlier this week so that was out and, although N could eat it every day, to be honest I'm a bit bored of stir fry. I pondered all day - in between actually seeing patients of course. And then the flavours came to me. I could taste them. Onions and garlic in a silky sauce with earthy mushrooms, succulent baby prawns and fresh tomatoes. All tossed in al dente spaghetti. My mouth was watering all day. I had high expectations from this dish and trust me it didn't disappoint. 

Easy weekday spaghetti 
(Serves 2 | total prep and cooking time 20-30 mins) 


Ingredients
- 120-150g spaghetti
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves - finely chopped 
- 1 pack of cooked prawns 
- 6-7 mushrooms - sliced 
- 2 tomatoes - chopped 
- Mixed Italian herbs or parsley
- 100ml chicken stock 
- Black pepper
- Squeeze of lemon juice 

Method
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside
- Fry the onion and garlic until soft and golden 
- Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the prawns and herbs and stir. Fry for 2-3 mins 
- Pour in the stock and simmer until the sauce has thickened 
- Add the spaghetti and toss through 
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and black pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message about this post or about anything else. I know it's a bit time consuming sometimes but I do love to hear from you!