Monday 3 November 2014

Asian style tuna

For NaBloPoMo November 2014 my challenge is to upload a post every day thoughout the month. That's 30 days and 30 posts. The more page views I get per day the more money I will donate to the Childhood Eye Cancer Trust (CHECT). Help support my challenge by logging on daily and donating directly www.chect.org.uk. 

Yesterday's total page views: 79

Mondays are without a doubt my most stressful day, so I apologise if I keep this post short. It's the start if the week, I had a crazy busy day and work and it didn't help that it was raining most the day, which meant that while walking home from work in the dark I accidental ended up ankle deep in a puddle! Joy! To top it off Monday is the night the rubbish gets put out. Why do they make it so complicated. What's with the alternate weeks for garden waste collection? I never know when it's an odd week or even week or a red week or green week or whatever it is. I used to try and work it out on the website but then I realised you actually need a special refuse collection degree to get it right, so now I put everything out every week and just hope for the best. I suspect I'm not the bin man's favourite resident! 

Anyway rant over, let's get to the point. And actually this has ended up being a longer post than I had planned, so now I will apologise for it being too long! So, I was looking through my blog archives last night and I couldn't believe that I have never posted this recipe. I know I say this about a lot of dishes but I think that this one is, without a doubt, N's favourite meal. And actually maybe mine too. We have it all the time (well about once every 2 weeks actually)! I tend to alternate this with my Oriental sea bass on a weekly basis. Odd weeks tuna, even sea bass. Or should that be green and red weeks. I'm getting refuse collection flashbacks...Aargh!

Asian style tuna
(Serves 2| total prep and cooking time 30-40 mins) 


Ingredients 
- 2 tuna steaks
- 2 spring onions- sliced
- 3 cloves garlic - finely chopped 
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- handful of chopped coriander
- juice of 1 small lime 
- 1/2 small chilli - deseeded and finely chopped 

Method 
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan 
- Place the tuna steaks into a shallow oven proof dish
- In a bowl make the marinade. Add the oil, soy sauce, spring onions, garlic, chilli, coriander and lime juice and mix well
- Pour over the tuna steaks and cover the dish with foil
- Allow to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour if you have time. If not just cook it straight away
- Place in the oven for 20 mins or until cooked through. 
- Serve with stir fry vegetable and egg fried rice or Chinese style noodles



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message about this post or about anything else. I know it's a bit time consuming sometimes but I do love to hear from you!