Saturday 22 November 2014

Chicken curry

For NaBloPoMo November 2014 my challenge is to upload a post every day thoughout the month. That's 30 days and 30 posts. The more page views I get per day the more money I will donate to the Childhood Eye Cancer Trust (CHECT). Help support my challenge by logging on daily and donating directly www.chect.org.uk. 

Yesterday's total page views: 39

I will start by apologising. I have no photo today, I am sorry. Before I could even get the camera ready half the dinner was gone. I would like to take it as a compliment but I suspect part of the reason was pure hunger. But sometimes there's nothing like a good homemade chicken curry. It's not the fancy dishes you get in the restaurants with nuts and cream etc. it's just simple, tasty North Indian chicken curry. A piece of cake to make but utterly delicious. If you already have a range of spices at home there is absolutely nothing stopping you making it. In fact in the time it takes for your take away to be delivered you can have it ready on the table (well almost)! 

Chicken Curry 
(Serves 2-3 | total prep and cooking time 45 mins) 

Ingredients 
- 4 chicken things, skin removed and chopped in half if they are big
- 1 large onion - finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 1.5 inch piece of ginger - finely chopped 
- 227g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 heaped teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric 
- salt to taste
- tablespoon fresh chopped coriander 

Method
- heat oil in a deep pan e.g a casserole dish 
- fry the opinions
- add garlic and ginger and fry until soft and slightly brown, stirring regularly 
- add all the dry spices - cumin powder, coriander powder, tumeric and paprika 
- stir until mixed well and cook for a few minutes
- add the tomatoes and chopped coriander and keep stirring until it forms a smooth paste
- add the chicken pieces, mix well, simmer and cover for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked. Do not add any water at this stage as the chicken will release plenty
- once the chicken is cooked add water if you feel the gravy is too dry and cook uncovered for a few moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message about this post or about anything else. I know it's a bit time consuming sometimes but I do love to hear from you!