Wednesday 19 November 2014

Meal planning

For NaBloPoMo November 2014 my challenge is to upload a post every day thoughout the month. That's 30 days and 30 posts. The more page views I get per day the more money I will donate to the Childhood Eye Cancer Trust (CHECT). Help support my challenge by logging on daily and donating directly www.chect.org.uk. 

Yesterday's total page views: 54

I am a big fan of meal planning. I think it's a wonderful idea I'm just not sure why I never get around to doing it! I used to plan our meals a lot and it worked well but it's one of those things that once you stop it's really hard to get back in the flow of it again. And ironically although it will shave of loads of time in my week I can't seem to find the initial time do set up the meal planning! But the benefits are clear. I spend so much if my day wondering what to cook, I actually find it quite stressful. I often ask friends and colleagues what they are going to cook that evening and no-one ever seems to know, but the difference is it doesn't seem to bother them. I guess some people need to meal plan and others don't!

I've also recently heard lots of people talking the next stage in meal planning.  All-in-one recipe and ingredients boxes. You pick the meals you want to make online and a box is sent to you with the recipes and all the ingredients, measured out and ready to use so there's no waste. I was sceptical as I assumed this would work out expensive but I've been told it can cost as little as £10 for a meal for 4. I think I could be a convert, although I'm not sure how many of the recipes N would want to eat! 

So for now I will just stick to meal planning. And I'm going to start. Soon. I've even designed a weekly meal planner chart, sad I know but I'm hoping it will motivate me. I will keep you posted....

Please post a message and let me know how many of you meal plan. I'd love to hear your experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message about this post or about anything else. I know it's a bit time consuming sometimes but I do love to hear from you!