Saturday 15 November 2014

N's creation - ginger, garlic and chilli prawns

For NaBloPoMo November 2014 my challenge is to upload a post every day thoughout the month. That's 30 days and 30 posts. The more page views I get per day the more money I will donate to the Childhood Eye Cancer Trust (CHECT). Help support my challenge by logging on daily and donating directly www.chect.org.uk. 

Yesterday's total views: 108

N made the most delicious prawn dish this evening. I feel completely spoilt. N doesn't cook very often, but before you take this the wrong way it's not because he is lazy, but because he works such long hours. If I waited for him to come home and cook dinner we would never eat before 10pm. I also have to reluctantly admit that another reason he doesn't enter the kitchen much is probably because I am a bit of a bossy cook! I like things just so in my kitchen. Although he's great at emptying the dishwasher and as much as I appreciate it (so please don't stop N) it does take me days to find where all the things have been kept! We're still missing one of the frother attachment for the Aeroccino but to be fair I think I probably did make the last cappucino. Oh well, here's hoping it turns up soon.

So back to the prawns. N was clearly in a cooking mood this evening and knew exactly what he wanted to make. I suggested mixing the stir fry vegetables and prawns to make one dish (quicker, less washing up etc) but he insisted on making the prawns separately. And I have to say good call! He told me the recipe and it sounds so simple. Heat the oil and stir fry the cooked tiger prawns for a few moments. Add the finely chopped ginger, chilli and garlic and stir. Add a few dashes of soy sauce and a tiny splash of oyster sauce. Stir well and turn off the heat. Cover and let it stand for a few minutes to let the flavours soak in. Serve with thinly sliced spring onions on top. N's top cooking tip was to make sure you don't over cook it. That way you keep the ginger, garlic and chillies fresh and you make sure the prawns don't shrink and become dry. N you've done yourself proud, maybe we should make it a weekly thing? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message about this post or about anything else. I know it's a bit time consuming sometimes but I do love to hear from you!