Tuesday 11 November 2014

It's a steak out!

For NaBloPoMo November 2014 my challenge is to upload a post every day thoughout the month. That's 30 days and 30 posts. The more page views I get per day the more money I will donate to the Childhood Eye Cancer Trust (CHECT). Help support my challenge by logging on daily and donating directly www.chect.org.uk. 

Yesterday's total views: 98

N loves a good steak. Which is odd for a guy that claims he doesn't particularly like red meat. I have to say I don't blame him. If you get the right cut of beef, cooked the right way and with the right side it really is a perfect meal. And the fact it generally comes with chips is always a bonus for me! Now I am by no means a steak connoisseur. In fact the fanciest steak restaurant I've ever been to is Gaucho and these days we go to the Beefeater at the end of my road (hey, don't knock it, they do good steak)!

I've tried a few cuts and my favourite is definitely a fillet. I am pretty nervous about undercooked meat so I've always ordered my meat as 'well done' which might be why I never used to enjoy it. Then one day I was brave enough to order a 'medium' and it changed my life (ok not quite but you know what I mean)! So, so far we have a medium fillet steak. Pretty good. But the piece de resistance has got to be the sauce. It can make or break the dish. You can have bernaise, mushroom, peppercorn but my favourite is chimichurri. 

We hadn't had a chance to go out for a steak for a while so I treated N one night to a home made steak dinner. Now I won't insult you by telling you how to griddle a steak but I will share this amazing chimichurri recipe with you. 

Chimichurri Sauce 



Ingredients 
- small bunch parsley - roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (optional) 
- 3 garlic gloves - finely chopped or crushed
- 1 shallot - finely chopped
- a large pinch of dried chilli flakes
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
 - 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar 

Method
Simple. Blitz all the ingredients in a food processor and serve with your favourite steak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message about this post or about anything else. I know it's a bit time consuming sometimes but I do love to hear from you!