Tuesday 18 November 2014

Salmon en papillote

For NaBloPoMo November 2014 my challenge is to upload a post every day thoughout the month. That's 30 days and 30 posts. The more page views I get per day the more money I will donate to the Childhood Eye Cancer Trust (CHECT). Help support my challenge by logging on daily and donating directly www.chect.org.uk. 

Yesterday's total page views: 76

Sunday's total page views: 72

I told N I'd make salmon for dinner. Which of course to him meant I would make my usual salmon and cous cous en papillote. But I decided to make something different tonight. I knew he would be a little disappointed but if I don't try something new how on earth am I meant to find blog posts to write! So I tried my luck. I decided not to veer to far from the standard meal and I still made the fish 'en papillote' so that poor N wouldn't have a shock. The result was pretty good with fresh and crisp flavours. N's big thumbs up sign and grin on his face when he tucked in was just the validation I needed. 

Salmon en papillote 
(Serves 2 | total prep and cooking time 30 mins)


Ingredients
- 2 boneless salmon fillets 
- handful of olives
- 2 spring onions - sliced
- 6 small cloves of garlic peeled but left whole 
- 2 vine ripened a tomatoes - chopped
- 4 lemon wedges
- black pepper
- tablespoon of olive oil

Method 
- preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan
- cut a large piece of baking paper
- place the salmon fillets in the centre and drizzle over the olive oil and black pepper
- scatter the garlic, spring onions, tomatoes, lemon wedges and olives on top of the fish
- fold up the paper and twist the edges to make a sealed bag 
- place in the oven for 20/25 mins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message about this post or about anything else. I know it's a bit time consuming sometimes but I do love to hear from you!