Sunday 9 November 2014

Instant fresh frozen soup? Is that a contradiction of terms?

For NaBloPoMo November 2014 my challenge is to upload a post every day thoughout the month. That's 30 days and 30 posts. The more page views I get per day the more money I will donate to the Childhood Eye Cancer Trust (CHECT). Help support my challenge by logging on daily and donating directly www.chect.org.uk. 

Yesterday's total views: 50

I really struggle with lunch ideas. Sandwiches can get so boring, and for a person like me who could easily eat half a loaf of bread a day that is saying something. Sometimes a soup is perfect, especially in this weather. It's warming and filling and a nice change. Chilled soups from the supermarket are perfect but they have a use by date and I'm never sure when I will be having lunch at home. I stopped having packet soups years ago as I always seemed to end up with a sludge if powder at the bottom of the mug! I'm still a glutton for canned soups, particularly Heinz cream of mushroom or cream of chicken. I know they're just full of salt, but sometimes that's what you need. But today I found they perfect lunchtime soup option. It's fresh and takes just over 10 minutes. And the best thing is it doesn't involve any chopping! All you need is a pack of Essential Waitrose frozen winter vegetable mix which I bought from Ocado. Boil it in some vegetable stock for 8-10 minutes and then transfer to a jug blender to blend. Serve. Simple as that. You will never need ready soup again. Of course I enjoyed mine with a lovely chunk of fresh french baguette! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message about this post or about anything else. I know it's a bit time consuming sometimes but I do love to hear from you!